Councils and utility organisations have wide-ranging asset management responsibilities. Assets are not only expensive but are often a part of core business delivery. Whether it is a concrete footpath or a major water main supplying a suburb, your assets need to be well managed.
What Meier IT Offers
- Asset management software designed to suit your unique business situation and data requirements;
- Asset capture systems that cover the asset lifecycle, from date of acquisition to disposal and any variations that may occur during its life (e.g. asset splitting). The full value of assets is added to asset management systems through the capacity to capture 'as-constructed' information into the system;
- Capacity to schedule maintenance based on your criteria;
- Applications to synchronise changes made between asset management and GIS systems. Changes that occur to data within mapping layers are recognised, matched and updated to data in the asset management system and vice versa. Information can be previewed prior to committing any changes and rules can be set up to validate the data;
- Integration of asset management software with existing management systems to enable business-specific tasks and reporting to be performed;
- Capacity to deliver financial valuation of all active and passive assets as well as sub-asset costs, tax costings, low pool values and project costing spreads (including subsidies);
- Supplementary applications using pipe networks and closed circuit television (CCTV), including condition assessment, blockages and data capture (house connection locations);
- Ability to distribute asset information to multiple users via desktop, web or mobile devices (e.g. Smartphone, iPad).
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Accountability for assets through complete recording of asset costing, maintenance and location information;
- Improved asset management through proactive maintenance scheduling;
- Quality asset data that is captured and validated in an efficient manner;
- Capacity to present timely asset values in customised spread sheets or other output formats to support financial statements. In our experience, we have been able to replace time-consuming manual tasks with automated solutions requiring only a few clicks of a mouse with the peace of mind that the data is correct;
- Consistency of asset data between asset management and GIS systems;
- Comprehensive data dictionaries, asset transaction history and customised user manuals;
- Easily used interfaces, permissions, and administrator controls that are specific to your business processes;
- System for consistent and comprehensive data capture, validation, processing and reporting that is specific to your organisation.